The NHL web developers have finally improved the captcha system on the NHL All-Star Game voting web site. I say “improved” because they still have not implemented a proper captcha system that prevents automatic voting. It’s quite sad really.
Although weak, their changes did manage to break the Rory Vote-O-Matic. It’s fixable but it’s going to take some time, which is in short supply this time of year. For now, this updated bookmarklet will at least make it easier to vote for Rory.
- Download and install Firefox if you don’t already have it
- In Firefox, create a bookmarklet by right-clicking the following link, then and choosing “Bookmark This Link”:
- Choose “Bookmarks Toolbar” from the drop-down list and click “Ok”. This will create a bookmark on your Firefox toolbar under the URL bar.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 for the following link:
- Click the “NHL Voting Site” bookmark in your Firefox toolbar
- When the voting page is done loading, click the “Vote for Rory Helper” bookmark in your Firefox toolbar
- Fill in the captcha word and click the Submit button on the voting page.
- Repeat steps 1-3 at least 1,000 times per day. Rory would do it for you!
The bookmarklet simply selects random players but always selects Rory for the 2nd Western Conference defensemen. It also doesn’t select any of Rory’s competition as the other Western Conference defensement. That is, no votes for Hannan, Lidstrom, Niedermayer, Pronger, or Phaneuf.
Free Tips On How To Build And
Launch Your First Software Product
I used to be a full-time employee, then I went freelance, and now I run a successful product company. I've learned a lot along that path and will share failures and successes with you via email.
Prefer RSS? Subscribe to my news feed