UPDATE: I’ve created an installable Firefox Add-on that makes it even easier and quicker to vote for Rory. Check out the Rory Vote-O-Matic Add-on for Firefox page.
You may have already heard of the “Vote for Rory” campaign that is gaining a lot of support all over North America. The idea is to take advantage of the NHL All-Star Game voting system (that allows people to vote as many times as they like) to vote Rory Fitzpatrick into the 2007 NHL All-Star Game in Dallas, Texas. There’s more details on the Rory Fitzpatrick Wikipedia page and VoteForRory.com.
I’m already a big supporter of the cause to send this moderately skilled work horse to the all-star game since I learned of it this week. As a friend of mine put it having just learned about the campaign, “It’s amazing how much I care about this already.” But how can I contribute to the cause? What are my skills?
- Download and install Firefox if you don’t already have it
- In Firefox, create a bookmarklet by right-clicking the following link and choosing “Bookmark This Link”:
- Choose “Bookmarks Toolbar” from the drop-down list and click “Ok”. This will create a bookmark on your Firefox toolbar under the URL bar.
- Click here to go to the NHL’s vote page
- When the vote page is done loading, click the “Rory Vote-O-Matic” bookmark on your Firefox toolbar
Presto! You just voted for Rory! The bookmarklet randomly selects a bunch of other players but always chooses Rory for one of the Western Conference Defense positions. On a scale from 1 to Rory, how awesome is this? Definitely Rory!
So why are you still here reading this? Be persistent. Continue voting over and over again. Don’t give up. Rory wouldn’t.