UPDATE: I’ve created an installable Firefox Add-on that makes it even easier and quicker to vote for Rory. Check out the Rory Vote-O-Matic Add-on for Firefox page.
You may have already heard of the “Vote for Rory” campaign that is gaining a lot of support all over North America. The idea is to take advantage of the NHL All-Star Game voting system (that allows people to vote as many times as they like) to vote Rory Fitzpatrick into the 2007 NHL All-Star Game in Dallas, Texas. There’s more details on the Rory Fitzpatrick Wikipedia page and VoteForRory.com.
I’m already a big supporter of the cause to send this moderately skilled work horse to the all-star game since I learned of it this week. As a friend of mine put it having just learned about the campaign, “It’s amazing how much I care about this already.” But how can I contribute to the cause? What are my skills?
- Download and install Firefox if you don’t already have it
- In Firefox, create a bookmarklet by right-clicking the following link and choosing “Bookmark This Link”:
- Choose “Bookmarks Toolbar” from the drop-down list and click “Ok”. This will create a bookmark on your Firefox toolbar under the URL bar.
- Click here to go to the NHL’s vote page
- When the vote page is done loading, click the “Rory Vote-O-Matic” bookmark on your Firefox toolbar
Presto! You just voted for Rory! The bookmarklet randomly selects a bunch of other players but always chooses Rory for one of the Western Conference Defense positions. On a scale from 1 to Rory, how awesome is this? Definitely Rory!
So why are you still here reading this? Be persistent. Continue voting over and over again. Don’t give up. Rory wouldn’t.
Free Tips On How To Build And
Launch Your First Software Product
I used to be a full-time employee, then I went freelance, and now I run a successful product company. I've learned a lot along that path and will share failures and successes with you via email.
Prefer RSS? Subscribe to my news feed